Thursday 30 October 2008

WHILE GORDON SAVES WORLD (AND BBC FROM BRAND)...


... Dear Crouch End and Hornsey Labour Party,


Three weeks ago I telephoned your answerphone and asked for some information about how I could become active in my local party.

Ten days later I followed this up with another phone call and an e-mail. And now this e-mail number two.

Since I first spoke to your answerphone, Gordon Brown has spent 2.8 trillion pounds to bail out our banking system, Harry Redknapp has spent precisely nothing to facilitate the instant recovery of Tottenham Hotspur, Russell Brand has had to forgo his £200,000 a year BBC income and live solely off the earnings of his multimillion pound Hollywood career, and Leeds United have won three and lost three games yet somehow remain third in League One. Following them at the moment is not unlike following the Stock Exchange.

My original theory, that my telephone message was viewed by the massed throng of the local Labour Party as a prank call, doesn't hold water, as despite working regularly for the BBC I have yet to be suspended.

My current theory is that the original telephone message, with offers to become actively involved with the local Party, was met with such shock that it must have induced a heart attack in the person hearing it. Maybe that was the same person who is entrusted to answer the e-mails. In which case, I apologise for the pain I have caused, but in the meantime I'd still like to get involved in making Labour more interesting, and politics fun. Not much to ask is it?

Please contact me soon otherwise I may have to break in to your local offices and, assuming that they are totally empty, put things in there.

Many thanks

Dave

No comments: